Sunday, November 05, 2006

Why I support Dan Maffei.

Why I support Dan Maffei:

This blog is a public forum of like minded people trying to change our country. I am proud to be a part of such the effort. So theres no reason to hide the fact that my name is Dan Lambright, and I was a childhood friend of Dan Maffei's. We were in the same grade at Ed Smith, then Levy, then Nottingham, and had the same jobs after school at Central Tech in downtown Syracuse.

Dan and me drifted apart after college, but a chance meeting summer before last led to a reconnection; and thus I had a wierd opportunity to see him right around the time he left the House Ways and Means and was thinking about running. At that time, it seemed unlikely that he would be able to beat the "cardinal" Walsh. He got allot of ribing from me as I am sure many others. Well, that was then. Maffei is a leader. He did as well in the debates as anyone could do in those shoes. He has gotten Bill Clinton to spend the valuable final hours to help his campaign, as well as plenty of other important names. I suspect its not just because they want the 25th to be in the D collumn. Theres lots of races out there. I think they chose to spend their valuable time in the 25th because they see in Dan something really good.

If you want a good description of what Dan is like, the Watcher posted a great blog, and basically if I was a profession writer I would shoot for a similar description. The thing people should know is Dan Maffei is not your ordinary person, and he certainly wont be your ordinary politician. First, he is unusually brainy, and always has been. Second, he is decent. A nice guy. Someone you would never expect would become a politician. So, thats the first reason I support Dan. I know him, and he's the kind of guy I'd want to hold the office.

The second reason I support Dan is the values he represents are exactly what this country needs. And generally these core values are shared by Democrats all over the country. It realy all comes down to this. We need change, the war is a disaster; and we think this country's policies and resources should help ordinary people, not unfairly benefit powerful people.

I don't live in Syracuse anymore. I'm an engineer and the jobs in Boston are where my career has placed me, and my wife's family is from. I go home often to see family (and try to volunteer for the campaign!), so live a dual upstate/New England life. Seeing Dan fight for Syracuse, and put so much of his own heart and soul into bringing change to the region, is inspiring. It makes me want to come home for good.

3 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for your comments..I had the privalege to meet Dan about a year ago at my daughter's home in Syracuse and was very impressed...and I'm very proud to say that my daughter and son in law have volunteered many hours in his behalf....Good luck and best wishes Dan

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger unionmark said...

We've been DYING to know who you are! There were so many bets - and they were all wrong. It was worse than when Joe Klein wrote Primary Colors.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger The Watcher said...

Unionmark, this post was done by tlb, not me. But just for the record, I heard some people think I live in Philly, I definately don't.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home