Tuesday, November 07, 2006

9pm Update

Sorry about missing the last few hours, there were problems with blogger. Voting has just ended, so there's not much more we can do but cross our fingers. I do hear that the Maffei camp is showing high turnout in their target precincts though.

I'm not going to be blogging the results, you'll have to catch them on tv. But I just want to thank all the readers of this site for being so supportive. I'd like to thank all of those who helped me out by supply information. I'd like to thank tlb and maffei fan for picking up some slack when I couldn't. I'd like to thank Dan Maffei for being a great candidate, win or lose. And I'd like to thank all of those voters out there who voted for change, we need it.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger J said...

You Rule Watcher! Thank all three of you, and may we celebrate Congressman Dan Maffei tonight!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger TLB said...

It looks like Dan will lose by a hair, as of 11:30PM.

The good news is it has been projected that the House of Representatives will go to the Democrats. That is a terrific consolation prize. In my neck of the woods (New England) Republicans are dropping like flies. Good riddence, I say.

Many races I have been hearing about on tv have been won tonight by Democratic candidates who have tried multiple times.

Dan can try again. I am sure he won't have any trouble keeping his name in the news in Syracuse, if he wants to, many Dems are very grateful for his battle, and Dems are very powerful in NY now. If others can try again and win, so can Dan.

A quick note, this blog has been a great learning experience for myself, as well as an enjoyable way to follow whats going on. My thanks to Watcher and the readers for giving a sense of community to the shared effort for change.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the House solidly Democrat, don't you think Walsh might be feeling some buyer's remorse over his victory tonight (assuming it sticks)? In the minority the pork-laden path to re-election in 08 would be a lot less certain for Walsh (oink! oink!). Please! Keep the "Walsh Watch" going and his feet to the fire!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Walsh Watcher, not just for highlighting Jim Walsh's real record, but also for providing a place for us to gather during this past year. You were a major contributor to this effort to finally bring accountability to upstate NY's representation. I have been a longtime volunteer for Dan, and appreciate all that he sacrificed in order to allow people like me the chance to vote for a good Democrat this year. I feel the same way about your effort as well. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home