From the Maffei Campaign:
YOU KNOW YOUR CONGRESSMAN HAS BEEN IN WASHINGTON, DC TOO LONG WHEN . . .
10. He thinks Olean, NY and St. Bonaventure University are in the 25th District.
9. He agrees with Rush Limbaugh on stem cell research.
8. He actually believes that the local economy "is strong" and "burgeoning."
7. He hasn't held a real town hall meeting since President George H.W. Bush was in office.
6. He votes against raising the minimum wage but votes to raise his own pay by $32,000.
5. He bills taxpayers $400 per month for the Jeep Cherokee that he leases.
4. He helps expand a floor of a Central New York hospital but then cuts health care so much that nobody can afford to go it.
3. He can't explain his record, so he just takes a page from George W. Bush and say "it's hard work."
2. When someone moves away and comes back home to Upstate New York to make a difference, he says that person is not welcome back.
1. His Congressional pin is numbered 90 because it represents the percent of the time he votes with George W. Bush and the Republican Congress.
Memo to Congressman Jim Walsh: It's time for a change in Upstate New York.