The True Measure of a Representative.
While canvasing, remember Dan's moto that "a true measure of a representative is how well he represents his constituents"- and that Dan has expanded on what he means by that.
Why's that important? Because his candidacy is more then just an anti-Bush vote. Dan has a vision to do the job better then Walsh does.
- He will base his votes on what his constituents views are. Walsh sides with the right wing, even though the Right's agenda is not in accord with the 25th district's voters.
- To learn his constituent's view, we will hold many town meetings. Walsh rarely (if ever) holds public forums.
- He promises to be a cheerleader for the region to the rest of the country. Walsh has had 18 years to sell Syracuse, yet manufacturing jobs continue to leave.
- Dan has said the money he brings back will be used in ways analagous to "teaching a man to fish, rather then giving him a fish to eat". Walsh's pork, while helpful, has not transformed Syracuse.
- Federal money is less helpful when used for incremental changes, or when it is hostage to future sessions of congress.
- Dan suggests changing the rules of the game (e.g. zoning rules) in how the region's economy is structured.
- He argues retail (e.g. Destiny) is not suficient. We need manufacturing and knowlege industries.
- Dan will be well positioned to bring back money to CNY. The Democrat's will probably have a majority, and Dan has friends in high places.