The pro-Walsh Argument
The argument for Walsh:
- Personal characteristics:
- Walsh is a veteran who can do things freshman reps cannot.
- Walsh has delivered funds to the district and New York State.
- He is amiable.
- No controversies- his 'backyard is clean'.
- He keeps his local roots; comes home from Washington every weekend.
- Iraq and Terrorism.
- Bush is doing the right thing.
- Bush's strategy is making slow but steady progress.
- We need to hang tuff on Iraq, Afghanistan, and North Korea.
- The economy and taxes
- Syracuse's economy is the best in the state.
- The national economy is doing well.
- Lower taxes are the reason why the economy is better.
- UNY in particular needs lower taxes because state taxes are high.
- Walsh is a moderate who does not always agree with Bush or the far right.
- Walsh argued against Bush on the recent terrorist 'torture' bill.
- He supports a raise in the minimum wage.
- He supports a guest worker program for immigrants.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.Sun Tzu on the Art of War