Here's a few things that Jim and his Republican buddies have blocked recently:
- Implemented the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.
- Increased the minimum wage to $7.25 per hour.
- Provided authority to the Secretary of Health and Human Services to negotiate for lower prescription drug prices for senior citizens and people with disabilities.
- Repealed the massive cuts in college tuition assistance imposed by the Congress and to expand the size and availability of Pell Grants.
- Rolled back tax breaks for large petroleum companies and to invest those savings in alternative fuels to achieve energy independence.