Thursday, September 07, 2006

Congressman Walsh Lied to Rochester (with audio)

Cross posted from rochesterturning.com

Walsh actually told me he’s “never voted against the minimum wage,” even though he had just done so a month and a half earlier. When confronted with the fact that he also voted to give himself and the rest of congress a pay raise to $168,500, Congressman Walsh told me that was an “automatic.”


There is an audio clip linked where you can hear the Congressman for
yourself.

I know that Dan Maffei has called Walsh out on voting against the minimum wage & Walsh & defended his votes publically - for him to suggest that he doesn't recall voting against it is unrealisitc, in my opinion... If Congressman get an automatic pay increase - shouldn't we?

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous bythepeople said...

And if the pay raises are "automatic", why do they have to vote on them? Am I missing something here?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home