Monday, July 24, 2006

Donate to Dan!!

I just got this e-mail from Dan Maffei's campaign:

July 24, 2006

Dear Friends,

Two weeks ago, I visited Syracuse for the first time and met Dan Maffei's family, supporters, friends and staff. I didn't have to point out to anyone the excellent opportunity Democrats have in Upstate New York.

I know you understand that there is the potential for a Democratic wave. Upstate New Yorkers believe the Republican Congress is out of touch with their best interests. Congress is heading in the wrong direction and voters are looking for new leaders to put us back on the right track. Everyone understands that with Eliot Spitzer and Hillary Clinton on the top of the Democratic ticket, we have an excellent opportunity for victory.

So while in Syracuse, I simply made a pledge.

I pledged that I would further support Dan Maffei, but that it has to be a mutual commitment with Dan's local supporters. I have already invested $5,000, from my PAC, into Dan's campaign and I am announcing that I will make an additional $5,000 contribution if you, Dan's supporters, match my contribution by August 1st. I am prepared to give the maximum amount of money my PAC can to Dan's campaign because I believe Dan Maffei is the right person to represent the 25th District in Congress.

Please help contribute by making the most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, or $50 today and I will match your gift.

This election is simple. You have to ask yourself one question. Do you want change, or more of the same?

We need a change, we need new direction, and we need new leadership. I believe my friend Dan Maffei can provide that leadership and that is why I am asking you to help his campaign and I am offering to match your gift with an additional $5000 from my PAC. Please help contribute by making the most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, or $50 today.

I am firmly committed to winning the NY-25 Congressional seat for the Democratic Party and believe that Dan Maffei is a true leader who will work hard for upstate New Yorkers and make an outstanding Member of Congress.

Sincerely,

Congressman Rahm Emanuel
Chairman, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

P.S. Please contribute $500, $250, $100, or $50 to Dan Maffei's campaign today and if you contribute by August 1st and your gift will be matched.


Paid for by Friends of Dan Maffei
Contributions or gifts to Friends of Dan Maffei are not tax deductible.


So do it! Donate to DAN!!! He's going to need every dollar he can get to stop Jim Walsh and his special interest cash flow.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I mention Dan Maffei I am responded to with cynism- either Walsh is too powerful or Dan is too weak. Or, I am responded to with the question "why replace a senior representative with an unknown? Doesn't Walsh bring CNY allot of pork from Washington?" Answers follow:

1 (a). Walsh is not powerful: he does not hold town meetings so is evidently uncofortable with meeting his constituents. Walsh does not hold a senior leadership post after 18 years. Walsh is not well a well known expert in Washington that you see consulted by the press.

1 (b). Dan is not weak: Dan is running the 37th (or so) most competitive race in the country and that ranking is increasing. Dan has managed to come out of nowhere and raised a sizeable war chest. He has won over his competitors and convinced national name political figures to endorse him.

2. Walsh brings CNY the big-time bacon: FALSE. Sure, there have been bits and pieces of pork. But- nothing substantial that befits rewarding Walsh with another 2 years. Where is the Syracuse NASA space station? Syracuse's 'bridge to nowhere?" The tax breaks to keep Carrier in 'cuse? The Syracuse NIH research facility? The huge Syracuse air force base? The Syracuse super-collider (atom smasher)? Answer: not here.. And after 18 years whatever small bits of bacon Walsh has managed to carve out for us has plainly not turned around the CNY economy. The economy has continued to shrink throughout his long, lame tenure.

And if #1 and #2 are not enough- vote your consience. Walsh is a right wing Bush loyalist who is 100% on board with all of their sick and evil policies. November is your chance to do something about it!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger The Watcher said...

Pork is a bad issue to attack Walsh on. The conversation only reminds people Jim Walsh has brought pork in, and allows him an opportunity to talk about it. It's playing the game on his turf.

Instead when someone asks you, "why replace a senior representative with an unknown?" ask them why we should have a congressman who votes with George Bush 88% of the time?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home