Sunday, April 09, 2006

Who's Jim Hurting?

This week's story:

There are so many people that I see suffer everyday. I have personally witnessed Alzheimer’s twice in my life. My grandfather got it when I was eight years old and one of my mom's friends' husband also had Alzheimer’s and I witnessed that at an early age as well. Both of these men were the kindest and most wonderful men that I have known. They were never the same as the disease progressed. Their personality changed drastically. It was a very slow, progressive disease that was similar to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The kindness disappeared and they became violent and confused and you could see that they did not understand what they were doing. They suffered so much and we suffered by seeing them suffer. It is a terrible feeling watching a love one going through all they go through and not being able to do anything about it. It is the most frustrating and anguishing feeling, knowing there is not a cure and yet trying to get through it and not losing hope only to realize there is no hope. The people you once loved will never be the same and there is nothing you can do.

I can't believe the Republican's in office have the audacity to deny people and their loved ones hope for a cure for so many diseases. I can't believe the lack of compassion these people have for others that are suffering. How can they deny a cure that would give a person a possibility to enjoy life? How dare they be hypocrites by using religion as an excuse for their selfishness. How do they know that this is not part of God's plan to help people on Earth? Stem Cell research is vital. We need this and it would help so many people. Stop the madness and find compassion in helping others have a life that so many people take for granted.


Thanks to the DCCC as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home