Sunday, April 02, 2006

Who's Jim Hurting

Don't worry, the weekly segment of who Jimbo is hurting with his quixotic position on stem cell research is still here. Thanks to the DCCC and as always, here's this week's story:

Hello,

My name is Michael I am 46 years old and it was almost 23 years ago that I was hit while driving my motorcycle and my back was broken at the T-1 level. I was told at the time that I would never walk again. Over a period of several months I slowly regained some of my feeling. As time went on I was able to walk again but unfortunately I still have much of my lower extremities that have no feeling. I have to catheterize myself because of the lose of bladder control as well as not having any bowel control. I can't feel the backs of my legs and most of my feet. I had constant nerve pain running down my legs for over 20 years until a medication was finally used to ease that pain. At this point in time about the only thing that can cure me will come from stem cell research. I pray every day that a cure will come for me and the thousands of others that are like me. Everyday is a struggle and I just can't believe that there are people out there that say this dose not need to be done. If they could limp in my shoes for even five mins. I'm sure they would see things in a whole new light. Thank you for letting me shear my story and thank you for perusing this issue. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home